JB#73 American Masters: Jeff Bridges: The Dude Abides (2011 TV episode)

There couldn't be a better wrap-up of my Jeff Bridges adventure than this wonderful documentary put together by the people at American Masters, directed by Gail Levin.

Much like my blog here, it takes you through JB's career with lots of valuable insight from the man himself and also from those close to him and people he has worked with throughout the years.

Here it is for you, my loyal readers.



Well, it looks like this will be my last JB post for a while, unless I can come across any of the few movies I couldn't find. It doesn't look like he'll have another movie out until 2013, so I feel like I should have some kind of semi-closing. Because I am doing this to study the craft of acting, I'll hit on that.

 Jeff Bridges was taught by his parents who followed the teachings of Michael Chekhov. He uses sense-memory a lot. To start building a character he finds aspects of himself that the character also has and then goes from there. In many of the interviews I've watched where he talks about acting, he uses the words "pretending" and "play". He says that it's just like when you were a child and used to pretend with your friends, good acting depends on how fully you can commit yourself to the pretend world and circumstances of a scene. And one last thing that his mother told him that he has repeated, "Have fun, and don't take it too seriously".




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews