Colin Firth Recap






1984 - Crown Court: Citizens: Part 1 (TV episode) - Couldn't find this.

1984 - Another Country - Colin Firth's first movie. Not really my cup of tea.

1984 - Hallmark Hall of Fame: Camille (TV episode) - Another cup that is not of my tea.

1985 - Dutch Girls (TV movie) - Eh, kind of stupid. Nothing really happened.

1985 - Nineteen Nineteen - Couldn't find this.

1985 - Arena: From an Immigrant's Notebook (TV episode) - Nowhere to be found.

1986 - Lost Empires (1986 TV mini-series)Colin Firth broods as drama unfolds behind the scenes     of a British theater troop in the early 1900s. Not too bad, a little boring at times. One of Sir Laurence Olivier's last performances.

1987 - Tales from the Hollywood Hills: Pat Hobby Teamed with Genius (TV movie) - Went to the Paley Center to watch this one. Colin's first American produced production. Christopher Lloyd! Pretty good.

1987 - A Month in the Country - Colin Firth grows a cool mustache and shows a bit more range. He plays a stutterer 23 years before Kings Speech. Foreshadowing?

1987 - Hallmark Hall of Fame: The Secret Garden (TV episode) - Had a tiny little cameo at the end of this.

1988 - Tumbledown (TV movie) - A tour de force by Colin Firth in an alright movie.

1988 - Apartment Zero - I liked this one. Colin Firth really starts to show his chops. I was watching, thinking that there was something David Lynchian about this movie, then Mr. Firth's character brings up Blue Velvet! Crazy!

1989 - Valmont - One of the best period pieces that I have seen. Colin Firth seduces everything in sight until playa gets played.

1990 - Wings of Fame - Well, this one was unexpected. Had no idea what it was going to be about and was pleasantly surprised. Totally could have been directed by David Lynch. Weird, bizarre, and awesome. Can't believe it is only available on VHS in the US.

1991 - Femme Fatale - Colin Firth and Billy Zane. Oh yeah! Not as bad as they say.

1991 - The Play on One: Out of the Blue (TV episode) - I think I found a bad clip from this somewhere online.

1992 - Mad at the Moon - Colin Firth's delivery of his one and only line, "You need a shave?", was brilliant!

1992 - Hostages (TV movie) - VHS is $30. I have yet to fork that out.

1993 - The Advocate - So, in the 15th century, animals were put on trial just the same as people. Watch this movie if you don't believe me. Colin Firth's hair rocks.

1994 - Playmaker - Couldn't find this, but it looks like a VHS is available for $14. I'll have to get it soon.

1994 - Ruth Rendell Mysteries: Master of the Moor - This was an interesting little mystery. Great performance by Colin.

1994 - Performance: The Deep Blue Sea (TV episode) - I can't find any info on this.

1995 - Circle of Friends - Circle of friends? Circle of back-stabbers! A little too chick flicky for me. Colin Firth's mustache almost saves it. Maybe if it was a fu manchu.

1995 - Pride and Prejudice - Colin Firth was great as Mr. Darcy, but this story was not for me.

1995 - Performance: The Widowing of Mrs. Holroyd (TV episode) - A nice lesson in drunk-acting from Mr. Firth.

1996 - Nostromo (TV mini-series) - A bit too drawn out and melodramatic for my liking.

1996 - The English Patient - I liked it better after a second viewing. Bumped it up a star.

1997 - Fever Pitch - Pretty good movie about man's love of sports and woman's finally coming to terms with it.

1997 - A Thousand Acres - Not bad, a bit depressing. Colin Firth does an American accent for the first time and it was pretty darn good.

1998 - Shakespeare in Love - I see why it tore up the Oscars in 99. Great cast... among other things.

1999 - My Life So Far - A sweet, coming of age story in which young Fraser learns all about slanking.

1999 - The Secret Laughter of Women - I guess the laughter really was a secret, and I wasn't let in on it. Did not like.

1999 - Blackadder Back & Forth (short) - Colin Firth in a funny cameo as William Shakespeare.

1999 - The Turn of the Screw (TV movie) - After reading some other reviews, it seems I'm not the only one who thought this didn't make much sense.

2000 - Relative Values - Not great, but entertaining. Colin Firth made me giggle.

2000 - Donovan Quick (TV movie) - Found after some searching online. It was pretty good.

2001 - Bridget Jones's Diary - "It's Raining Men" during the big fight scene? Really?

2001 - Conspiracy (TV movie) - Great performances, cinematography, and set design. A little slow. It was frightening how non-judgmental the actors played these evil people.

2001 - Fourplay - This one was aight.

2002 - The Importance of Being Earnest - Some good ol' fashion Oscar Wilde fun!

2003 - Hope Springs - I'm surprised by the negative reviews of this. I rather enjoyed it. Nice and quirky, just how I like it.

2003 - What a Girl Wants - Well, at least Colin Firth had some fun in this one, dancing around in his leather pants.

2003 - Girl with a Pearl Earring - This bored the bejezus out of me. The cinematography and costumes were nice, though. Colin Firth was interesting.

2003 - Love Actually - I'm bumping my rating up. I think I'm getting more sensitive with age.

2004 - Trauma - Nice to see Colin Firth do something a bit different. This has it moments, but it's no David Lynch film.

2004 - Saturday Night Live: Colin Firth/Norah Jones (TV episode) - Colin Firth is actually pretty darn funny!

2004 - Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Eh.

2005 - Where the Truth Lies - Sex, Drugs, and a comedy duo! Really liked this.

2005 - Nanny McPhee - This one was fun.

2006 - Born Equal (TV movie) - Not too bad. Strong performance from Mr. Firth.

2007 - Celebration (TV movie) - This was a nice filmed play. Harold Pinter is pretty crazy. Need to read some of his stuff.

2007 - The Last Legion - Not good.

2007 - When Did You Last See Your Father? - Great movie. I think Colin Firth found a new depth to his acting in this one.

2007 - Then She Found Me - Okay. Firth didn't have much to work with.

2007 - St. Trinian's - Not too bad. Not what I was expecting.

2008 - The Accidental Husband - Sucked.

2008 - Mamma Mia! - Not for me. Colin Firth said, "That may be the reason I did it. I have no shame. I am such a drag queen, it's one of my primary driving forces in life. You cannot dangle a spandex suit and mascara in front of me and not expect me to go weak at the knees."

2008 - A Summer in Genoa - This one was interesting.

2008 - Easy Virtue - Can't remember much about this. Gave it 3 out of 5 stars.

2009 - Dorian Gray - A little slow.

2009 - A Single Man - An amazing performance from Colin Firth.

2009 - A Christmas Carol - Colin Firth had a rather small part in this.

2009 - St Trinian's II: The Legend of Fritton's Gold - I think I watched then when I was too tired.

2010 - The King's Speech - His performance was deserving on the Oscar he received.

2010 - Steve (short) - This is doing the festivals right now. Not sure when I'll get to see it. (Saw it!)

2010 - Main Street - How in the world did they manage to make a film with a 2 time Oscar winning writer, an Oscar winning actress, an Oscar nominated actress, and a future Oscar winning actor so bad?

In theaters November 18th, 2011: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews