What's goin' on here?

I am an actor. As an actor, I'm always looking to learn new things to improve my craft. Observation is a great way to learn, and who better to observe than the greatest of the great. To give myself some sort of structure, I am using Acadamy Award winners for "Best Leading Actor" as my list of actors to use. (Not to snub the many great female actors out there, I just feel that, as a male myself, obseving the male actors would be more relevant to my acting.) I am starting with the actor's earliest performance that I can find and working my way chronologically through their career. Through their ups and downs, good movies and bad, looking for why it is that they were continually hired and ultimately won the highest accolade of acting, The Oscar.

I don't know how insightful my postings will be. But I hope they will at least be entertaining.

I welcome you along on this quest of knowledge. Now let's watch some movies and learn something!

Before being convinced to start this blog by a couple of my peers, I had already worked my way through the career of Colin Firth and a little over halfway through the career of Jeff Bridges. So I think my first few posts will be a recap leading up to where I am in JB's career.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Markus said...

Hi Brandon,

I like the idea of following an actor's movie career chronologically, I have done that over the last couple of years with some of my favorite actors as well.

Anyways, excited to read more on your experiences, do you already know who is next after Jeff Bridges?

Brandon Brendel said...

Next up is Sean Penn. Just working my way back year by year, except when there is a new Oscar winner, then they'll go to next in line.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews