JB#62 Surf's Up (2007)


Staring: Shia LaBeoufZooey Deschanel and Jon Heder
Directed by Ash Brannon and Chris Buck

I haven't watched a newer animated film in a while and I've been missing out. This was pretty awesome. The animation was amazing and it had me laughing.

JB voiced Big Z, one of the best surfing penguins in the world who went into hiding, only to be found out by the young Cody Maverick. I thought the voice acting was superb and seemed more natural than most animated projects. Then I found out that the directors had the actors actually act out the scenes together, with boom mics and all, so they could move around, instead of being stuck in a box by themselves with a microphone in front of them. Very clever, very clever indeed.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews