JB#66 The Open Road (2009)


Directed by Michael Meredith

Alright! A baseball movie! Awesome! Not so much. I think it would have been a lot better with me playing JB's minor league baseball playing son than Justin Timberlake. I felt like it just kind of plodded along, at least it was only an hour and a half.

JB did keep the movie alive. I really like his southern characters. His character, ex-baseball star Kyle Garrett, is pretty complex. Separated from his family, I felt like what he really wants is love and his family, but his main obstacle is his own ego. In the movie he says that he just loved himself too much. So, good JB, the rest, eh. Oh, Mary Steenburgen was pretty good to in her smaller role as JTs ailing mother.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews