JB#46 The Big Lebowski (1998)


This is one of those movies that I can't help but have a silly grin on my face while watching. I'm not even sure what it is about it. The Coen Bros just do that to me sometimes.

Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski, played by Jeff Bridges, is forced into an absurd situation when a couple of thugs come looking for another, much richer, Jeff Lebowski's money. One of the thugs proceeds to urinate on The Dude's rug. This is unacceptable to The Dude. In search of repayment for the rug, The Dude pulls himself and his friends deeper into a twisting turning tale of F-bombs, "man"s, and white Russians.

I loved JBs performance in this. This is the first Jeff Bridges performance that I ever saw before I embarked on this quest. The Dude is unlike any other character that he had played up until then. He seemed to have a lot of fun with it. I loved his interaction with John Goodman's character, Walter. You can see how strong their friendship is, even with all of Walter's shenanigans.

An acting note: Before some shots, JB would ask The Coen Brothers if The Dude burned one on the way over. If the answer was yes, he would rub his knuckles in his eyes before the shot. Brilliance!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Markus said...

Best Jeff Bridges movie and maybe one of the best movies ever. I'm probably saying this, since it was one of the first movies in English that I owned on VHS and I probably watched it like 40 times, but I'm still loving it. Interesting acting note by the way.

Brandon Brendel said...

I think it's my favorite overall movie of his so far. Not necessarily favorite performance, but it's up there. Now I want a White Russian.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews