JB#56 Masked and Anonymous (2003)


Starring: Bob DylanJohn Goodman, and Jessica Lange
Directed by Larry Charles

I really liked this movie. Even though I couldn't tell you what it is about. I could tell you what happened, but not what it all means. After watching "The Making of" featurette, it seems like a lot of the cast felt the same way. But that's okay, because everything about this movie is cool. Bob Dylan is cool, the cast is cool, the director is cool, the characters are cool, the music is cool, the cinematography is cool, all of it.

This was actually directed by the same guy who a few years later directed Borat and Bruno. And it stars Bob Dylan, who I thought did a mighty fine job, considering that he's not an actor and all. He did have an amazing supporting cast. I read that everyone was taking pay cuts just so they could be in a movie with Dylan. This is definitely one that I'll have to watch again one day.

As for JB's performance, I saw a lot of "The Dude" in it. It was almost as if The Dude was forced into work and begrudgingly carried out his duties as a reporter. And I think that's just what his character wanted, just to do his job and to get it over with. But Luke Wilson's character kept getting in the way. I feel like there was something deeper to his character that I may have missed. But, like I said, a lot about this movie was a mystery. A "cool" mystery.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are cool.

Brandon Brendel said...

Ah, yes! I forgot to include that in the post. Thanks for catching that!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews