JB#48 The Muse (1999)


Never in my life have I seen this many cameos. Cybill Shepherd to Lorenzo Lamas, Martin Scorsese to James Cameron. Director/Writer/Star, Albert Brooks really has the hookup in Hollywood! And the movie still isn't really all that good. It was alright, but I found a lot of the dialogue to be quite campy. I don't know if that's just an Albert Brooks style, but it just came off a bad acting here. And these were some good actors, so I think it had to be the dialogue.

Jeff Bridges has a kind of extended cameo here, and he has fun as Brooks's bigwig Hollywood friend who first introduces Brooks to his Muse, played by Sharon Stone. He doesn't have much to do here, but I enjoyed his screen time. Especially the scene where he repeatedly tries to hit tennis balls over the net, never succeeding throughout the whole dialogue. Oops! Was that a spoiler? I think this movie would have been better with JB as the lead.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews