JB#47 Arlington Road (1999)


It's been a few days since I've watched this one. I usually do my post fairly close to the time of viewing the movie, so it's interesting to see if my thoughts about the movie have evolved at all with waiting a little bit to post. Hmmm, I think I like the movie more now than I thought that I did immediately after it ended. Without giving away any spoilers, the ending of the movie is quite unexpected and jarring, so I guess that it wouldn't be good to review this movie right away. There are a lot of nuances in this movie to think about that don't hit you until later.

Jeff Bridges gives a fine performance. You can really see the pain of losing a spouse. He doesn't really point it out or exaggerate it, the pain is just there. And all the while, he trying to cover that pain and just go on with life. Until he meets his oddball neighbors who start raising some suspicions. He then seems to direct all the energy of his pain into the investigation of his neighbor, and in everyone else' eyes, starts spiraling out of control until the shocking end.

St. Louis is mentioned about a million times during the course of the movie, which was pretty cool. Represent!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews