JB#49 Simpatico (1999)


Agh! I hate when I see a rating of a movie before I watch it. I saw the incredibly low rating of 4.4/10 on IMDB and feel like I consequently was continuously looking for what I shouldn't have been liking about the movie. All in all, I thought it was a fine movie. Some great performances from some great actors. And some fantastic cinematography from Oscar winner, John Toll. Oh, and based on a play by Sam Shepard. I think I'll definitely have to watch this one again without thinking that I'm not going to like it.

Jeff Bridges has another fine performance. He and Nick Nolte play great together. Their characters eventually almost completely switch places, and I feel like it was rather sudden. I'm not sure what it was that caused the switch. I feel like I missed some important detail. All of a sudden, it was like JB was playing Nolte's character from the beginning of the movie. It reminded me of True West, another Shepard play. Except I understood that one better. But, like I said, I think I'll just have to watch this one again sometime.

I would like to see them together again in something. Maybe in a funny good-cop-bad-cop movie. Maybe I'll write it.



JB talks Simpatico and music with Jon Stewart:

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews